[Note: This is the syndicated L.A. Times puzzle. It does not appear in the actual newspaper, but is available for free at cruciverb.com.]
- 23A: Automatic whipper? (FLOG MACHINE).
- 29A: Early-week occasion for wearing sensible footwear? (FLAT TUESDAY).
- 43A: Country with the tastiest cuisine? (MOST FLAVORED NATION).
- 67A: Some food fighters? (CHICKEN FLINGERS).
- 95A: Line in an admiral's pep talk? (FLEET DON'T FAIL ME NOW).
- 111A: Where legendary firefighters are honored? (HALL OF FLAME).
- 119A: Quartet of couch potatoes? (THE FLAB FOUR).
- 25A: Gas brand in Canada (ESSO).
- 48A: Showy lily (SEGO).
- 90A: Polynesian paste (POI).
- 118A: Lena of Tinseltown (OLIN).
- 126A: "Only Time" singer (ENYA).
- 127A: Units of work (ERGS).
- 14D: Jesus of '60s-'70s baseball (ALOU).
- 70D: "It's dandy for your teeth" toothpaste (IPANA).
- 113D: Blues legend James (ETTA).