[Note: This is the puzzle that appears in the Sunday L.A. Times newspaper. If you don't get the paper, you can find the puzzle here. Scroll down to see today's syndicated puzzle.]
- 24A: A nation's sluggards? (THE LAZY OF THE LAND).
- 39A: Cheat Franz out of his change? (SHORT LISZT).
- 50A: Toured westernmost Cornwall? (DID PENZANCE).
- 71A: State of Israel? (ZIONOSPHERE).
- 82A: Obfuscating? (MAKING HAZY).
- 99A: Cold autocrat? (REFRIGERATOR CZAR).
- 3D: Houseplant refreshers? (WATER SPRITZES).
- 53D: Do a marathon in Egypt? (RUN AROUND SUEZ).